Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10, 2009

Quote of the day: "Realize what's important in your life. What you can live with, and what you can't live without." 

Hey readers! Life is going great for me. If there is one thing I love, it's the Christmas season! Coming in from the freezing cold with soaking wet shoes, the house constantly smelling of baking, and lots of love to go around! Our Christmas tree is put up, but it's still empty underneath. As I have stated many times, my family is convinced we're not "celebrating" Christmas this year. Well, isn't that a load of crap? Christmas doesn't have to have presents. But skipping it all together is beyond ridiculous!!! 

My favorite part of the Christmas season is definitely being with my family. My family is loud, crazy, obnoxious, and never disappoints! Especially my dad. I am a spitting image of my dad. I used to be in denial. I used to say, "Oh, whatever, I am nothing like dad!" But the older I get, the more I realize just how much like him I really am! Here's a quote from one of my dad's favorite songs, "Who I Am" by Jessica Andrews: 

I am Rosemary's granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
And when the day is done
My momma is still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I've got friends who love me
And they knew just where I stand
It's all a part of me
And that's who I am 

I am more like my father than I can ever explain. And this year, I am going to stop denying it! 

Holiday wishes, 

B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment