Monday, December 7, 2009

December 7, 2009

Quote of the day: "Friendship is not seen through the eyes, but through the heart." 

This weekend was not one I am particularly happy about. I spent the whole weekend sick, fighting with my parents, and sleeping whenever I could. I downed meds over and over, yet I still feel sick as a dog. What a drag... I was pretty excited that we finally got snow, because it is warmer when there is snow than when there isn't! Hopefully I will get to hit Pebble Creek to snowboard over Christmas break. 

20 days til my 17th birthday! 18 days til Christmas! Although I am not expecting many gifts this Christmas season -- because everybody in our family is convinced we're not celebrating Christmas -- I am still hoping for the second season of Gossip Girl! (Aka: the second best show on the planet, very closely behind Vampire Diaries.) But I want a Wii Fit more than anything. It seems like so much darn fun! 

As I am watching my ex-crush throw himself all over my best friend, I can't help but laugh. I probably would be broken hearted right now if I was my normal self, but I've been reading this fantastic book written by Matt Titus and Tamsen Fadal that is putting everything in a new perspective for me. The normal me would march right over there and try to stop the flirting, but I am not my normal self anymore. I really think I am starting let go of this whole "single" dilemma. I would normally be ANGRY that I don't have a boyfriend, and the guy that I wanted as my boyfriend is hitting on my BFF, but now I am laughing! Funny how that works out, huh?

"Why Hasn't He Called?" is a truly hilarious book that doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to the truth about guys. It is written by a husband and a wife that don't pull the old "he's intimidated by you" card when a guy isn't calling. They flat out say, "He's not interested; find someone else." My father makes fun of me for reading these silly books, but I love them! Especially this book. I would recommend it to any girl facing some relationship dilemmas. 

Just like every Christmas, my mom invented a new cookie recipe this weekend, there's snow on the ground, and I am officially wearing a scarf. With beads on it. I hope you'll keep reading my blog as it gets closer to Christmas -- who knows what will happen! ;)

xoxo,

B. 

1 comment:

  1. I asked for a Wii Fit for Christmas too. The tricky part will be keeping G off of it (if I get it that is)!

    ReplyDelete